Tuesday, July 9, 2013

                                             July 9, 2013
Dear Jane,
     Happy Tuesday to you dear girl. Woke up early. Had a date with overdue laundry. Hung a few loads out on the line. Found myself wishing I could bottle the sounds and smells and the newness of the day and send them off to you. I've found laundry looks beautiful when she first wakes up.
    A few weeks ago, I was gifted an absolutely amazing quilt. The quilter (whom I have never had the pleasure of meeting) had created it in hopes that I might be able to raffle it as a means to help with mounting cancer related costs. I was stunned. Stunned by the beauty of the quilt...But equally, if not more so, by the empathetic generosity of a stranger. I am humbled and stand in awe as I contemplate such love...One Mother to another.
     I have mulled over the easiest, most convenient way to go about setting up a raffle Having never been the ring leader of such an undertaking before. I enlisted the help of my Sixteen year old who so often takes pity on his technology deficient Mom-a-girl. He helped me create a paypal button at the bottom of this blog post. You can simply click on that, order the desired amount of $2.00 tickets (I will write your name on pieces of paper. For each $2.00 increment, you'll have a separate allotted "raffle ticket." We'll fold them up, place them in a basket and have Adler draw the winner on July 23rd (My Sampsons Birthday). Make sure to include your name in the "notes" section of paypal if your account was set up by a different party. You can also send funds to our home directly (if you're comfortable with that) our home address is: 255 East 100 South Alpine, Utah 84004 (Will need to arrive on or before July 23rd).
                    
 
 
 

 
The quilt measures 52 1/2 inches in width and 70 inches in length. There is no real way for me or my camera to compile enough adjectives to convey the sweetness and talent sewn into each stitch. Bless you Jamie Shillig for your true labor of love. I thank each of you in advance who bless us by participating in this "Healing Quilt" raffle... We thank you with all that we are, or ever hope to become.
 
Happy raffling,
-Sara

multiple tickets
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sara that is beautiful. Perhaps you can have your son send me the html code for your PayPal button and I can advertise it on the race website too. It is so lovely I would love to help you maximize the visibility so that you can raise more money. I will also copy this to all my Facebook pages for you. this is amazing... I do have a link to your blog on the race web site.

    ReplyDelete